About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Macleans OnCampus

OK, I am not very impressed with the commenting function at Macleans OnCampus.  I wanted to comment on a particularly dim post by Robyn Urback concerning the Occupy Wall Street protests.  First, my comment sat in moderation for a good 18 hours.  Then, when it appeared, the end was cut off, including a link to a much better discussion on the same topic at another site.  Next, I tried to "reply" to my original comment, with the missing information, and this seemed to evaporate entirely.

Overall, one gets the distinct whiff of a bush-league, amateurish operation.  I believe that I shall have to deprive them of my trenchant analysis henceforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment