About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Movie Friday--On Saturday!

I finally saw Skyfall today.  Not a bad movie as entertainment, but hardly deep.  The Mendes effect seemed to be negligible, apart from fairly stylish direction.  There were a couple of surprises, which I will not discuss as they are legitimate spoilers.  But I will say, Javier Bardem was truly great, the best part of the movie for sure.  Of course, he won an Academy Award for No Country For Old Men, but he was equally great in so many other roles, ranging from a bad guy in Collateral to the main character in Vicky Cristina Barcelona.  Really, he is one of the most versatile actors working today.

No comments:

Post a Comment