About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Kids Today

So I'm in the locker room today and there are two chemical engineering students down the way bitching about some exam.  (I presume they were ChemE's because they were talking about conversion factors for barrels of oil and the Carnot cycle.)  It was painful to listen to them griping about the unfairness of the marks they lost, and it made me feel thankful that I don't have to teach whiny-ass titty babies like this on a regular basis.  I mean really:  one of them got a question marked down because his answer had 10 to the 6th instead of 10 to the 7th.  How long does this guy think he would keep his job if his calculation is off by an order of magnitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment