About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blogger Problem?

Biped, I saw your last two comments show up (even got e-mail alerts), then when I checked later they were gone.  I'm not sure why that is happening, but please note that I am NOT deleting it.  If I cannot figure out where the comments went, I will go so far as to include their text in a post while I am sorting this out.  I am not trying to silence you.

3 comments:

  1. This is a test, to see if commenting is working. If this comment stays up, perhaps I can entice Biped to try again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, let's see if this makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biped, your comment evaporated again! I am confused. I am trying to get to the bottom of it, but in the meantime, here is what you wrote, embedded in this comment (which I hope will not meet the same fate as yours).

    "Yes, Whither the U of A is a hopping place, with lots of traffic, comments, etc. To be blunt, this is a pretty sleepy blog--maybe you should try posting more often? On the other hand, here my comment appears instantly, whereas at Whither Jeremy can moderate a comment into oblivion, and no one is the wiser for it.

    Also, I noticed that he included another dig at anonymous commenters in the most recent thread. Apparently, Jeremy does not think any of us might have good reasons for not revealing our names. I guess you would be included in that category. Based on my introductory experience over there, I don't think I'll try commenting again. "

    ReplyDelete