About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Song of the Week: Angry Chair

Angry Chair was a minor hit for Alice in Chains in 1992, off their excellent album Dirt.  It has the distinction of having been written entirely by Layne Staley, rather than the usual Staley/Jerry Cantrell collaboration.  Like many songs on that album, it is filled with hostility, disgust and rage.  Somehow, as the semester starts up under the looming clouds of disastrous budget cuts, lay-offs, program cancellations, etc., I find this song nicely captures my mood.

Here's a live, unplugged version:



This song also makes me think of the hilarious "Angry Dome" throw-away line from Futurama:




No comments:

Post a Comment