About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Song of the Week: No Self Control

Trying to start a new tradition on this blog, and in honour of my obsessive snooping around in the blogosphere (and periodic posting of my own), I'll start with this Peter Gabriel classic from 1980.  So many great things about this song, and indeed the whole album:  fantastic, disturbing lyrics; that "gated drum" sound that was explicitly created for this album; and perhaps most of all, that hypnotic xylophone!


No comments:

Post a Comment