About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What Happened?

Lots of things IRL have stymied my ability to keep up with this blog.  Now that we're into summer, I want to dwell a bit on the recent vote held by AASUA.  A highly flawed proposal that included minimal COLA increases for the next two years plus faculty participation in an ill-defined "Renaissance Committee" that seems destined to help cause the extinction of the professor as we know it was passed by a 59% to 41% vote.  What is pathetic is that only 29% of eligible voters did so.  If people cannot exert themselves to get involved enough to vote online, I guess we deserve whatever is done to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment