About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Who Runs This Place, Under What Authority?

There's a lot of discussion at Jeremy's blog about how to turn GFC into a body that actually exerts some influence on how the University is run.  This prompted me to re-read the Post-Secondary Learning Act to try to decipher which body or person has what authority (e.g., BoG, GFC, Senate, President, Chancellor, etc.).  Unfortunately, I could not make much sense of it.  Perhaps I just have not had enough coffee today, but this document seems deliberately vague, almost as if it were designed to fit whatever situation certain people needed it to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment